Monday, September 6, 2010

So far..


I truly apologise for my absence these few weeks, was much involved in getting ready for the exam which went alright I guess. The course has finally ended, and now the real thing starts now - as one might say "This is where the rubber meets the road!". The next thing is to get myself sorted.. get my visa done and find a job! Will probably take a break first before I get something permanent..


For this post.. I will post some pics of what I have been up to lately in the course. Hope you will enjoy it :)

Entremet aux Marrons / Chestnut Mousse Encased in Sponge
Gateau Sabrina / Contemporary Gateau of Concentric Circles of Sponge and Strawberry Cream with Marzipan and Chocolate Finish (this was the cake that I got picked for the exam.. the one that I practiced the least!)
Pories au Caramel Religieuses / Pears in Caramel, Layered with Chocolate Sponge & Chocoalte Mousse
Entremet au Chocolate Blanc et Pistache avec sa Gelee aux Fruits Rouges / White Chocolate & Pistachio Entremet with a Red Fruit Jelly Centre (I screwed up the glazing on the top.. was experimenting some effects and it didn't go as I thought it would :P)
Superior patisserie tea party!
Assortment of truffles
My chocolate centre piece :)
Chocolate fondant
Tart tartine
Creme brulee tart
Exotic fruit mousse
Pudding souffle
Hot souffle
Celebration Cake decoration class

10 weeks passed by really quickly.. I do have to say that I did learn a lot this past 3 months - whether it is in or out of school. Pushed myself to the limit? I hope I did. Still loads to learn and a long way from getting enough experience to open my own store..

Another chapter is ending.. looking forward to the next chapter!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Matt! Beautiful work and I'm sure you got high marks. Can't wait to see what you're up to next!
    Take care (and keep writing),
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's no way you didn't do well, dude! look at all those yummy pretteh cakes. i will come stalk you when i get back to london yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another congrats from my side Matt! great work... and I need this hot souffle recipe asap, is that possible? see you,
    boss :)

    ReplyDelete